I’ve never thought much about my indoor air quality.
Because I don’t suffer from allergies, I’ve always assumed that things were hunky dory when it comes to my breathing air, indoor and out… It wasn’t until my mother came to visit recently that I found out exactly how important it is to keep an eye on your personal air quality! From the moment he walked into my up-to-date house, he was insistent that there was something in the air.
I thought he was being dramatic as usual, and reassured his that there was nothing wrong with our home! As the afternoon progressed, but, his eyes were noticeably irritated, red, and dry. I thought he would feel better after getting some sleep, however in the day he looked worse than ever and had even developed a slight cough, however he was taking flu symptom medicine already, however my friend and I made the decision to go to the store and bought his additional medicine. Still, the respiratory illnesses continued, and he insisted that my friend and I take a look at the Heating, Ventilation, and A/C system for clues. I was shocked when my friend and I popped open the air vents and found mold littering the vents and ductwork! It turns out that the dangerous spores had been living there all along, spreading through the air every time the central heating or cooling kicked in. Apparently the mold didn’t bother me, however severely affected my mother’s breathing. I hated to admit it, however my mom was right. My pal and I called out the Heating, Ventilation, and A/C contractor instantly and I let my mom tell them all about his bad ordeal.